Advertising is an important part of marketing your law firm. Especially with the prevalence of Google Ads in this day and age, you must at least consider investing in ads. However, if you only have a certain amount of money budgeted for advertising, what is the best use of your funds?
This is a question Mark and his team at GNGF get all the time. The typical answer is, “It depends on the firm.” However, one suggestion that gets brought up every time is local service ads.
In this episode, we’re doing a deep dive into local service ads. We’ll discuss how to qualify for them and set them up as well as what you should be monitoring each month to maximize your ROI. Join us to learn it all and start spending your advertising dollars in the right place!
- What local service ads are.
- The difference between traditional Google Ads and local service ads.
- Why local service ads are so beneficial for firms with smaller advertising budgets.
- How to set up your local service ad.
- How much these ads actually cost per lead.
- How local service ads are ranked and how to get your firm higher in the ranking.
- What you should be monitoring each month to maximize the ROI of your local service ads.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- Do a few Google searches where you Google your practice area and geography area or even just “Practice Area Near Me” or “Divorce Attorney Near Me.” See if Local Service Ads are coming up in your market. On the desktop, there will typically be three ads showing a law firm partner’s image, the number of reviews, and stars. If you hover over it, you will see that they are usually “Google Screened.”
- If so, you can likely have your firm there in that valuable ad space and only have to pay if someone calls the firm.
- Go through the process to be approved and verified for the Google Screened badge even if you decide to set a very low budget or immediately pause the ads after they start running.
- Be sure your Google Business Profile and Reviews are in stellar shape. If you need a refresher, go back to episode 14 and episode 16 where we cover Google Business Profiles and Online Reviews.
- Make sure you have the processes in place to follow up with leads quickly. A 24/7 outsourced call service like Smith.ai or AbbyConnect could be a wise investment as the internet is a 24/7 world.