Episode 006: Should I Invest in SEO or PPC?
One of Melanie’s biggest challenges when running her law firm was knowing what to focus on. There are so many voices shouting at law firm owners from every direction and they’re all saying different things. Some say we should focus on SEO while others say PPC is the way to go.
On top of that, as a law firm owner, you’re wearing so many different hats. You’re trying to focus on a million things at once. How are you supposed to know what to spend your time and money on?
Mark has extensive experience with this issue as a result of his years working with law firms on their marketing, so today he is discussing it at length. He is filling you in on all things SEO and PPC so you can make an informed decision on which one to prioritize and invest in first.
Additionally, he’s going to explain why both are important, how they help with marketing, and which will take your law firm to the next level. Tune in to hear it all!
- What SEO is.
- Why it’s important.
- Whether or not it really works.
- What PPC is.
- Why it’s valuable to law firms.
- The difference between SEO and PPC for marketing.
- Where to spend your investment.
- An action step for you to boost your traffic.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- Clio Legal Trends Report 2019 https://www.clio.com/resources/legal-trends/2019-report/
- Clio Legal Trends Report 2020 https://www.clio.com/resources/legal-trends/2021-solo-report/
1. Figure out where your firm ranks for high value ‘intent’ ‘non-branded’ keywords — such as ‘insert practice area,’ lawyer near me,’ ‘divorce attorney near me,’ ‘estate planning attorney near me,’ etc.
2. Open your browser on your desktop/laptop, go to incognito/private mode, search for keywords, and page through the first 5 pages to see if you find your firm. If you are not in the top half of the page, Paid Advertising could be an area to invest in sooner rather than later if you are in a hurry to see results from online marketing.
3. If you are at the bottom of page 1 or page 2 or even page 3, focusing time, energy, and money on Search Engine Optimization strategies could really help make a difference as you are so close to getting a significant amount of more traffic.
4. We will have a few entire podcast episodes around search engine optimization tactics.