We’ve talked about marketing a lot here on the podcast. We’ve spent episodes diving deep into social media, web presence, and other forms of online marketing. However, we haven’t spent much time talking about referrals.
Well, that’s just what we are going to do today.
This episode is all about referrals. We’re going to focus in on why referrals are so important to growing your law firm and how to increase your referrals. Melanie will also give some examples of ways she’s gotten referrals and leveraged the to grow her firm.
Referrals are one of those things that, if you will just give it a little bit of time and energy on the frontend, will pay dividends for your firm in the future. Let’s dive in!
- Why referrals are crucial to growing your law firm.
- The power of asking for a referral.
- Some marketing ethics.
- How to get referrals through lead magnets.
- Why you should provide more referrals if you want more referrals.
- Why you should always thank your referrals.
- How to create a referrals newsletter.
- How to protect your referrals.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next Level is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- Online Law Practice Strategies: How to Turn Clicks Into Clients
- LFN Episode 13
- Atlanta Legal Tech
- Top of Mind: Gifts Leave Lasting Impressions – Boxperience Andrea Herrera
- Trademark Law: A Seamless Fit To Your Legal Practice
- If you haven’t yet, this week, tell 10 people you see exactly what you do and how you help people. Then ASK them for referrals. Think of colleagues, business owners, friends, and family. Remember that only 20% of people even think to give referrals.
- Create a list of emails of people that could refer clients to you.
- Other lawyers in different practice areas
- Other business owners
- Past clients
- Send an email newsletter to them reinforcing the understanding about what you do, examples of client success, and maybe some social proof like a great review. Then also ASK for a referral and let them know that you can help provide information or content to them for their clients.
- Say thank you to someone who sent you a referral. It’s never too late to send a thank you card.
- Double-check your online presence for your branded search (your name or your firm’s name). Protect your referrals.