Tech Hacks That You Will Thank Us For!
By emeraldcity on March 30th, 2022 in Uncategorized
Are you keeping a gazillion tabs open on your web browser? Not only does this slow your computer down, but seeing all those tabs could also feel so overwhelming. But what if there was a way to avoid any of that?
There are a lot of things you can do to avoid all the stress and clutter so you can run your business and your life much smoother.
These are small things – from using apps and plug-ins to organizing your cords – that, when added up, make a big difference. And you don’t think about how the organization of your office or your desk area impacts your life until you organize it and realize it has been a load off of your mind.
1. Creating a new profile in Chrome.
If you have multiple users in one account, you could create different bookmarks on the profile. That way, they can switch back and forth without having to log in and log out a hundred times.
2. Install plug-ins.
- OneTab – OneTab will help consolidate all your tabs into one list. So it’s like a tab with a bunch of bookmarks.
- Auto Tab Discard – If you have too many tabs open, it slows your computer down. If you aren’t using a tab for a while, Auto Tab Discard shuts it down in memory without having to close the tabs.
3. Organize your wires.
You’re supposed to have wireless internet but you have cords everywhere. Here are some tech hacks for organizing your cords.
- Ballpen spring – Take a spring from a ballpoint pen and wrap it around the end of your cord to reinforce it so you don’t end up having to buy cords all the time.
- The Lego guy – Stick a Lego guy’s feet on a Sticky Tack and use the Lego guy’s hand to hold the cord.
- Binder clips – Take your wire from your computer cord and guide it through the metal. It will sit there in the metal until you need it. This is useful to know for the charging cords we don’t need them all the time.
- The Velcro wrap – Wrap your cords with the Velcro wrap and it significantly alleviates stress from your life.
4. Get a password manager.
This gives you the freedom and flexibility to have crazy, more secure passwords that no one’s ever going to guess. Otherwise, you’re sacrificing security. With a password manager, you’re not only going to lose your passwords, but you also don’t have to spend time resetting your password because you forgot it. Plus, you can share them without other users knowing the exact password so it’s secure.
5. Download these apps.
- Forest app – It’s a Pomodoro timer designed to help you keep your focus for a period of time, but the app will specifically gamify the user experience.
- Krisp.ai – This allows you to reduce the amount of noise on your video conference call.
If you want to learn more about tech hacks that you will thank us for, check out Episode 035: Tech Hacks That You Will Thank Us For!.