How One Law Firm Increased Their Leads, Improved Their SEO, and Transformed their Marketing
Over the last 50-plus episodes of our podcast, we’ve taught you tips and given you action steps to help you market your law firm. Instead of diving into a new topic, in last week’s episode, we shared a story to spark inspiration.
We discussed a real-world example of a law firm that worked with GNGF’s Director of Operations, Chris Casseday, and his team, applied all of their marketing tactics, and had great success.
The Law Firm
The law firm in this example is a small firm with just a couple of attorneys. They do estate planning and elder law in New York City.
Their goal was to get better online visibility. They wanted clients to find them online. They weren’t generating clients consistently from the internet but were primarily referral based.
The first step in the process was to determine the firm’s goals and make sure they had the right deliverables in place to achieve them. This came through a very thorough audit of where the firm was and its current KPIs.
From these efforts, Chris and his team identified that the client’s website was not ranking prominently on Google for any target keywords. This revealed that they needed to solve their visibility problem which came down to SEO, content, and having a good website with good structure.
To identify the firm’s best keywords, Chris and his team first had to determine what the firm did and what they wanted to do more of. They asked the firm questions like what kind of clients they loved working with, what kind of clients they wanted to work with more, and where they wanted to see the most growth. Then, they chose keywords that would get them on the first page of results for that practice area specifically.
Other SEO Strategies
From there, multiple other SEO strategies were implemented.
- Starting a website redesign process to better fit the demographics of the firm’s target clients, improve user experience, and fix any technical SEO issues that were in place
- Content strategy and writing for practice area pages to ensure the website ranked under “estate planning attorney.”
- Transitioning the firm to a new domain correctly
After months of working with GNGF, this law firm saw some incredible results and improvements in its KPIs.
- Visibility. Before launching the new website, the firm’s website was getting about 4000 impressions per month. After working with GNGF, their impressions were pushing over 50,000 a month, every month. That’s a 1,000% increase in visibility.
- Because of the huge increase in visibility, clicks naturally increased as well. Before launching, the firm got about 66 clicks from a Google search per month. Now, they’re averaging 1034 clicks.
- Keyword rankings. Chris and his team identified 25 top keywords that they wanted the firm to rank for. After launching, they went from having zero of those 25 keywords in the top 10 to having 18 out of 25 in the top 10.
- During this time, the firm also grew 10 times more than any of its competitors.
- Internet leads increased by 40% in the first year. Then, from the end of year one to the end of year two, leads from the internet increased by 82%.
- From year one to year two, the firm’s number of clients increased by 56%.
If you want to learn more about the success of this real-world law firm, check out Episode 059: Real World Example Of Law Firm Marketing Success.