Last week, we began our SEO series. We dove into the foundations of SEO like what it actually means, how to start thinking about it, and why it’s important in the first place. Now that we’re all on the same page, we can start to dive into the weeds a bit on SEO.
We’ll start with keyword research. This is another foundational topic when it comes to marketing and SEO. Each of the other components that we will discuss in this series depends on keyword research being done first.
Tune in and we’ll teach you what keywords are, why they’re worth caring about, some fast and free keyword research techniques, and even some advanced keyword research tools.
- What a keyword is.
- Why Google cares about keywords.
- Branded vs. unbranded keywords.
- Why deciphering your ideal client is so important.
- Some fast and free keyword research techniques.
- Tools that can help with keyword research.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- Come up with an initial list of things you help people solve – not just your practice area names.
- Share with your team, friends, and family and ask them how they would describe how you help people.
- Take some of these initial ideas and enter them into Google to look for related searches or “people also ask” to get more ideas.
- Using a spreadsheet, I would like you to build out an initial list of 30-50 keyword phrases and group them by topics (practice areas, practice area sub-topics).
- If you have already done an exercise like this, maybe use one of the advanced tools like SEMRush or at a minimum look at Google Search Console for your website and see what keywords people have typed into Google that got them to your website.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.