Listen in as we welcome Thomas Schaffer, partner at Schaffer & Associates, a successful three-attorney law firm based in Toledo, Ohio. Tom shares his journey of establishing the firm, surviving the initial years, and the growth they’ve achieved with a dedicated team and effective internet marketing. He also discusses the unique operating principles of Schaffer & Associates that set it apart from other law firms – implementing a four-day work week!
Tune in as Tom gives a detailed account of how they made the four-day work week possible without compromising client service and coverage. He shares the firm’s strategies for staff rotation and automation and talks about the positive impact on productivity, morale, and work-life balance. If you’re a law firm considering this approach, you won’t want to miss Tom’s valuable insights and advice on making the most of a shortened work week!
- Schaffer & Associates successful implementation of a four-day work week without compromising client service.
- Benefits of a shortened work week, including improved team morale, productivity, and work-life balance.
- The process of adjusting work schedules and employing strategic hiring to ensure client service coverage during the work week.
- The positive financial impact and continued growth of the firm despite the change in work schedule.
- Insights on maintaining team culture and client satisfaction while implementing new operational strategies.
- Challenges and lessons learned in implementing a four-day work week in a law firm setting.
- Tom’s advice for other law firms considering adopting a shortened work week.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Schedule a Consultation: https://gngf.com/consultation
- Visit the Website: https://gngf.com/
- Visit streamlined.legal: https://streamlined.legal/
- Twitter: @NextLevel_Legal
- Instagram or Facebook: @nextlevel.legal
More Information About Our Hosts:
Melanie Leonard: streamlined.legal
For help automating key processes in your law firm and implementing legal tech (especially around Clio & Lawmatics), check out the free videos and resources at https://streamlined.legal/videos to streamline your law firm TODAY.
Mark Homer: Get Noticed Get Found
Every day, the Get Noticed Get Found team (GNGF) helps ambitious law firms push through their growth plateaus.
If your marketing budget is $80,000 or more a year and you are interested in learning how the GNGF team can help take your law firm’s marketing to the next level, schedule a conversation with our team at https://gngf.com/consultation or give us a call at 513-444-2016.
If you are just getting started but want some hand-holding and guidance as you spend more time and money in marketing, check out GNGF’s sister company https://lexcelerate.legal, which provides marketing help through group coaching, training videos, and downloadable guides for solo and small law firms.
- We will reference some of the studies Tom referenced in the show notes.
- Think about what Schaffer & Associates has experienced with this change, and maybe think about how you can work to provide a better quality of life and mental health for your team.
- And don’t forget the productivity increases that Tom mentioned.