When your firm receives a call, how is it handled? Does it go to an automatic receiver, or does a receptionist answer it? What is the conversation like? Do you think your firm makes a good first impression, or do you lose more potential clients than you gain?
In this episode, we have a conversation with Maddy Martin, the Senior Vice President of growth at Smith AI. Smith AI is a 24/7 customer engagement platform best known for virtual reception and outreach. Maddie is a nationwide speaker that’s been recognized over the last six years for providing CLE on law firm communication and growth.
Listen in as we discuss the top mistakes to avoid when outsourcing your first impression.
- The problem with firms holding tasks too close to their chest and not delegating them
- The benefits of auditing your firm’s call handling
- Why you need to answer every inbound call
- How to handle potential clients that are agitated or pushing back
- The importance of providing a pronunciation guide to your virtual receptionist
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Book A Consultation at GNGF: gngf.com/consultation
Call, text, or message your firm and see what kind of response you get.
- Did they follow your instructions?
- Did you get the first impression that you’re trying to give?
- Schedule to do it regularly…