You’ve probably heard a lot about KPIs. If nothing else, you’ve heard us mention them on the show several times. You might have a basic understanding of what they are and why they’re important but still feel confused about exactly where to start with them. Today’s episode is for you!
In this episode, we’re going to demystify KPIs, as the title suggests. We’re going to explain exactly what they are and clear up any discrepancies around them. Then, we’re going to give you some examples of effective ways to use KPIs and specific goals you can set for each position within your firm.
Tune in and finally get clear on this key component of running your law firm!
- The definition of KPI.
- Why you need key business objectives to create KPIs.
- Various KPIs you might set.
- Leading vs. lagging indicators.
- Why it’s important to identify who is tracking and who is responsible for each KPI.
- KPI best practices.
- How to use your practice area and key business objectives to determine your KPIs.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- What are your key business objectives? The more detail you can provide the better. “A gross income of $750,000” is better than just, “more gross income.”
- Brainstorm the measurements that will lead to your key business objectives.
- Pick one and determine how the measurement will be tracked.
- Place a weekly time on your calendar to look at the measurement so you can determine any trends.