Today, we’re finally graduating from SEO 101! We’re moving beyond the advice we discussed throughout our SEO series and getting into some more advanced territory. Certainly, this puts us into the “taking your law firm to the next level” category, at least when it comes to SEO.
Before you get overwhelmed, these strategies on city pages can be implemented by anyone. They are more advanced but you don’t need to outsource all of it to an agency. We’ll teach you exactly how to set up city pages yourself in this episode.
Tune in to learn the basics of city pages, why you need them to enhance your local search engine optimization, and the step-by-step to successfully creating them.
- What city pages are.
- How city pages can benefit your firm.
- The prerequisite to creating a city page.
- How to leverage your competition to create great city pages.
- How to create your city pages.
- Why cross-linking on city pages is important.
- A bonus way to use city pages to find prospects where there’s little to no competition.
- An example of a client who had success using city pages.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- The action steps for today are to decide if City Pages are right for you.
- If you are ranking on the first page in maps for the area right around your office, look to see how you are ranking. Type in Practice Area / City Name (i.e. Estate Planning Attorney, Cincinnati Ohio).
- Look at the competition and identify which areas containing your ideal client would be the easiest to rank for (refer back to our SEO series about looking at the competition).
- Get a baseline of your traffic from your Google Analytics and look at Search Console for the impressions by keywords.
- Create one or two unique city pages with FAQs and Schema makeup and link to them from your main practice area pages.
- After 3 months, look at your Google Analytics and impressions by keywords. If you are seeing some success, rinse and repeat on more cities every 3 months.