Scheduling your time is one of the best decisions you can make in your business.
For us here at Law Firm Next, it has changed our lives. Blocking our time allows us to take breaks during the day without guilt, get more tasks done, communicate a realistic turnaround time to clients, and more. It is a seemingly simple process to implement in your law firm that will free up loads of your time.
In a previous episode, we talked all about the benefits of using a scheduling tool. That episode set a great foundation for why it’s so helpful to schedule your time, which tools we like, and some tips for how to best utilize them.
Today, we’re turning from the topic of scheduling tools to that of calendaring. Tune in to learn how to set up your law firm’s calendar, block your time, and make the calendar work for you.
- Why you need more than one calendar for your team.
- Why you should use a digital calendar.
- How to organize your team’s calendars.
- The importance of noting when deadlines are met.
- What time blocking is.
- How to create specific time blocks in your calendar.
- Why you need to define what constitutes an “emergency” with your team.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- Review your task list and block time on the calendar for each one. Bonus: communicate these time frames to your clients so that they have realistic expectations.
- Decide how to mark your deadlines as complete and let the rest of your team know.
- Define an emergency and let the rest of your team know.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.