SEO has become a bit of a buzzword in marketing lately. Many law firms are talking about it, but most don’t understand precisely what it means. We may not even all be talking about the same thing!
The day has finally come when we’re going to talk all about SEO here on the podcast. There are so many different aspects of it and deep dives we could do. Because of this, we decided to break it down over multiple episodes.
Today, we’re going to do an overview. We’re just going to get everyone on the same page regarding this complex topic. Tune in to learn what SEO stands for, what it looks like for law firms, the basics of it, and why it exists in the first place.
- What SEO stands for
- Why we even need to optimize for search engines
- What a SERP is
- How many people are looking for legal services and information on Google
- Why it’s important to get on the first page of Google
- A little bit about how Google operates
- An overview of keyword research, onsite SEO, offsite SEO, and local SEO
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
Not a lot of action steps today because this was more of an overview. But I would challenge you to think about the following:
- Next time you do a search, notice the little words at the top that say HOW MANY results Google found.
- Take a look at the returns on the first page. Do those seem like valid returns? Can you see a couple types of returns as Google wasn’t sure what you were looking for?
- To warm up, some extra credit: if you can, think about the questions most people have when they call your firm or chat with you during a first meeting or consultation. Look at what comes up when you type those in Google.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.