If you work in the legal industry (or any industry for that matter), you’re likely familiar with the idea of death by meetings. It’s easy to feel like all we ever do at work is sit in unproductive meetings. This feeling and too many of these kinds of meetings can really rob us of our passion for our work.
However, there is a better way. Mark has done extensive research into meetings and figured out a way to do them in his organization that doesn’t feel like a slow death. He calls it their “meeting cadences.”
In this episode, Mark shares what these meeting cadences look like. We also take the time to apply this to law firms and explain how you, as a law firm owner, can put it into practice.
We always want to make sure that we’re operating our law firms as businesses and not just focusing on the legal work that we do. So tune in to learn how to do this with meeting cadences.
- Why a bad meeting may be better than no meeting.
- The meeting cadences at GNGF.
- What a vision meeting is.
- Why it’s okay to change your business’ core values over time.
- What a quarterly strategy meeting is.
- What a level 10 meeting is.
- How meeting cadences prevent tons of one-off meetings.
- Why you should have weekly one-on-one meetings with each of your direct reports.
- How meetings can build connections.
- How one-on-one meetings save you time.
- Tips for making meetings more useful.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
1. We are heading to the end of the year now. Think about these dates for next year:
- Vision Yearly Planning Date
- Quarterly Meeting Dates
- What day of the week will your weekly meeting be?
- When do you want to schedule one-on-ones?
2. Put these dates on the calendar.
3. If you haven’t done so already:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or NOW even Facebook Podcasts (or wherever you listen)!
- Once you have subscribed, please leave us a 5-star rating and review as that will help this podcast get discovered by other law firm owners.