In this episode, we started off at ClioCon 2023 with our special guest, Melissa Shanahan, founder of Velocity Work. We take you through the top highlights so far. We were captivated by Del Friday’s enlightening talk on mental health and the power of micro steps, a vital tool for navigating through the stressors of our industry. The connections and camaraderie we’ve experienced with colleagues and vendors have been equally enriching, offering us an expanded perspective on the legal field.
Imagine using FBI negotiating strategies in your legal firm. Sounds intriguing, right? Well, we’re bringing you just that in the second half of our show. We discuss the insights of former FBI hostage negotiator Chris Voss and how these strategies can be transposed into the legal world. We also shine a light on the phenomenal work of the Clio Client Support team, an essential pillar of the ClioCon experience. Finally, we share how Melissa’s Law Firm Owner Podcast is empowering law firm owners to level up their businesses. Remember to hit that subscribe button and share this episode with your colleagues. Packed with invaluable insights, this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
- The highlights from ClioCon 2023.
- Del Friday’s talk on mental health and the power of micro steps in combating overwhelm in the legal industry.
- Legal negotiation tactics inspired by former FBI hostage negotiator Chris Voss.
- The role of the Clio Client Support team in enhancing the ClioCon conference experience.
- The importance of attending conferences for personal growth, networking, and understanding industry innovations.
- How to extract maximum value from conferences, be it through attending sessions, networking, or utilizing resources like the Clio Client Support team.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Schedule a Consultation: https://gngf.com/consultation
- Visit the Website: https://gngf.com/
- Visit streamlined.legal:https://streamlined.legal/
- Twitter: @NextLevel_Legal
- Instagram or Facebook: @nextlevel.legal
More Information About Our Hosts:
Melanie Leonard: streamlined.legal
For help automating key processes in your law firm and implementing legal tech (especially around Clio & Lawmatics), check out the free videos and resources at https://streamlined.legal/videos to streamline your law firm TODAY.
Mark Homer: Get Noticed Get Found
Every day, the Get Noticed Get Found team (GNGF) helps ambitious law firms push through their growth plateaus.
If your marketing budget is $80,000 or more a year and you are interested in learning how the GNGF team can help take your law firm’s marketing to the next level, schedule a conversation with our team at https://gngf.com/consultation or give us a call at 513-444-2016.
If you are just getting started but want some hand-holding and guidance as you spend more time and money in marketing, check out GNGF’s sister company https://lexcelerate.legal, which provides marketing help through group coaching, training videos, and downloadable guides for solo and small law firms.
Information on our guest host:
Melissa Shanahan – Velocity Work: https://www.velocitywork.com/
Melissa Shanahan founded Velocity Work after several years at a consulting firm focused on the growth of private practices all across the U.S. After coaching over 350 doctors, dentists, and lawyers – she chose to narrow her services to law firms only and started Velocity Work.
The host of The Law Firm Owner Podcast and an extremely effective coach for attorneys running their own firms, Melissa brings her A-game to everything she does. Her energy is infectious and the material she is teaching will forever change how you think. From mindset to vision, to productivity and tracking firm data, Velocity Work has helped hundreds of attorneys grow their firm on their terms.
Melanie’s Action Steps
- If you haven’t bought your ticket for the Clio Conference next year. If you’re a Clio user, in my mind, it’s a no-brainer. If you’re not a Clio user, check out the agenda once it gets released. It may very well be a great opportunity for you as well, especially given the tracks they have that don’t have anything to do with the software. We’re talking about marketing, and we’re talking about financial awareness.
- I want you to listen to the Law Firm Owner podcast hosted by Melissa Shanahan.
If you haven’t done so already:
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you listen
- And once you have subscribed – please leave us a 5-star rating and review as that will help this podcast get discovered by other law firm owners.
Until next time, don’t forget…..Your Law Firm is a business — take it to the next level.