Join us as we continue to tackle the topic of ownership in the legal marketing landscape. We share our experiences in assisting clients to understand and take action on key marketing assets, and we dissect how to ensure your law firm retains secure ownership of vital assets such as websites, social and directory platforms, content, analytics and data platforms, and chat and call services. Moreover, we also cover the crucial steps to guarantee tracking numbers remain yours, even after parting ways with an agency.
We give you a comprehensive guide on how to maintain the reins of your website’s domain and the necessary measures to protect it. Unveiling potential issues that may arise when a website vendor tries to levy outrageous fees for domain ownership, we offer advice on how to effectively navigate such scenarios. Plus, we emphasize the significance of controlling social media accounts to maximize potential client interaction.
Previously, photographers owned the rights to the photos, and customers purchased them at a high price. However, we caution on the importance of reading contracts carefully to ascertain who owns the content. Additionally, we explore the intricacies of managing licenses, duplicate content, and the implications of using stock photos on multiple sites. Don’t miss out!
- The importance of maintaining control over law firm marketing assets.
- The significance of website domain control and strategies to retain ownership.
- The risks of high charges for domain ownership by website vendors and how to navigate such situations.
- The changing dynamics of photo shoots and photo rights.
- The importance of seeking a second opinion on content and agency contracts and when to negotiate or create new original content.
- The issues related to managing licenses, duplicate content, and implications of using stock photos on multiple sites.
- Strategies for ensuring ownership and control of key marketing assets when switching between different agencies.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Schedule a Consultation: https://gngf.com/consultation
- Visit the Website: https://gngf.com/
- Visit streamlined.legal:https://streamlined.legal/
- Twitter: @NextLevel_Legal
- Instagram or Facebook: @nextlevel.legal
More Information About Our Hosts:
Melanie Leonard: streamlined.legal
For help automating key processes in your law firm and implementing legal tech (especially around Clio & Lawmatics), check out the free videos and resources at https://streamlined.legal/videos to streamline your law firm TODAY.
Mark Homer: Get Noticed Get Found
Every day, the Get Noticed Get Found team (GNGF) helps ambitious law firms push through their growth plateaus.
If your marketing budget is $80,000 or more a year and you are interested in learning how the GNGF team can help take your law firm’s marketing to the next level, schedule a conversation with our team at https://gngf.com/consultation or give us a call at 513-444-2016.
If you are just getting started but want some hand-holding and guidance as you spend more time and money in marketing, check out GNGF’s sister company https://lexcelerate.legal, which provides marketing help through group coaching, training videos, and downloadable guides for solo and small law firms.
Mark’s Action Steps
- Check your contracts with your agency.
- Take the action step for each item we mentioned in this episode where you are not in full control of these key online assets.
- Of course, if you haven’t done so already:
- Subscribe and follow our podcast so you will be notified when our next episode goes live.