In this episode, we bring to light the important role of ownership and control in law firm marketing. As we navigate the transition to a new agency, we uncover the significant marketing assets every law firm should consider, including websites, social and directory platforms, content, analytics, and data platforms, as well as chat and call services. We offer an in-depth look at each of these assets, exploring why it’s vital to retain control and ownership and the steps to take if you don’t currently possess it.
Listen in as we examine the unique challenges law firms face when switching marketing agencies, focusing on website control and lease agreements. We highlight the importance of understanding contractual terms related to website ownership and the potential benefits and drawbacks of proprietary platforms. We also shed light on the implications of agencies creating their proprietary dashboards, with an emphasis on Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Facebook Ads accounts.
Be prepared to gain a wealth of knowledge that will leave you questioning the level of control you currently have over your firm’s key marketing assets.
- Understanding the role of ownership in law firm marketing.
- The challenges law firms face when transitioning to a new marketing agency.
- The pros and cons of proprietary platforms for websites and how to understand the contractual terms related to website ownership.
- Importance of control over domain, social media accounts, and directory platforms for establishing a law firm’s online presence.
- The significance of having access to historical ad campaign data and potential pitfalls associated with data-overriding scripts.
- Guidance on how to verify ad expenditure accuracy and avoid hidden pitfalls in law firm marketing strategies.
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Schedule a Consultation: https://gngf.com/consultation
- Visit the Website: https://gngf.com/
- Visit streamlined.legal:https://streamlined.legal/
- Twitter: @NextLevel_Legal
- Instagram or Facebook: @nextlevel.legal
More Information About Our Hosts:
Melanie Leonard: streamlined.legal
For help automating key processes in your law firm and implementing legal tech (especially around Clio & Lawmatics), check out the free videos and resources at https://streamlined.legal/videos to streamline your law firm TODAY.
Mark Homer: Get Noticed Get Found
Every day, the Get Noticed Get Found team (GNGF) helps ambitious law firms push through their growth plateaus.
If your marketing budget is $80,000 or more a year and you are interested in learning how the GNGF team can help take your law firm’s marketing to the next level, schedule a conversation with our team at https://gngf.com/consultation or give us a call at 513-444-2016.
If you are just getting started but want some hand-holding and guidance as you spend more time and money in marketing, check out GNGF’s sister company https://lexcelerate.legal, which provides marketing help through group coaching, training videos, and downloadable guides for solo and small law firms.
Mark’s Action Steps
- Check your contracts with your agency.
- See if you own or control the logins to a lot of the platforms we mentioned.
- Of course, if you haven’t done so already:
- Subscribe and follow our podcast so you will be notified when Part 2 of this topic goes live next week so you can learn more about what to do about these items we discussed.