Identifying trends in any industry is vital for forecasting where your law practice may be going and where you want to take it. Clio is a company specializing in legal software, and they also release a yearly report to pinpoint trends in the legal field.
This episode of Your Law Firm is a Business. Take It to the Next Level is diving into legal trends of the past year, including revenue, attrition rates, and cloud-based law practice management.
Josh Lenon, Lawyer-in-Residence and Data Protection Officer at Clio, joins Mark and Melanie. His job is to translate lawyers to technologists and technology to lawyers. He’s helping them break down what the statistics mean in Clio’s Legal Trends Report.
- What Josh’s role is at Clio, and how he guides the technology based on his experience as a lawyer
- What information the Clio Legal Trends Report provides, and how it’s changed since 2018
- How utilization rates may change in the future
- Why cloud-based practice management is a driver of growth
- How digital freedom has changed the ability to work on the go
- Why lawyer dissatisfaction seems high right now
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
Joshua Lenon bio: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/joshualenon
Clio Legal Trends Report: https://4.gngf.com/nextlevel-clio-LTR
Streamlined legal videos: https://streamlined.legal/videos
- When you’re done listening today, go download the Legal Trends Report, we’ll put the link in the show notes but a quick Google search for Legal Trends Report will get you where you need to go.
- Review the Table of Contents, jump to the section that interests you the most and read that section.
- Then, using what you learned in that section, come up with one Action Step of your own that you can implement in your firm using what you learned.