Do you feel confident doing SEO for your law firm yet?
We hope so! Over the last month or so, we have been covering the foundations of search engine optimization. We have taught you how to set up your website and other online accounts to rank higher on search engines, specifically Google.
Today, we’re wrapping up the series. Later on, we may begin another series on more advanced SEO techniques and tools that you can utilize to market your law firm. However, today, we’re finishing this foundational series. To do so, we’re going to discuss local SEO one more time.
Tune in for a refresher on what local SEO means, the benefits of doing well in your local search, and specific tactics to increase your local search ranking.
- What local SEO is.
- Why you should care about local SEO.
- Factors that help Google push your local listing.
- How to pick the category to list your law firm under.
- Why you should include keywords in your local listing.
- Why you should report spam listings.
- The importance of reviews.
- What citations are and why they matter.
- The benefits of having an office in proximity to suburban areas.
Subscribe and Review
We’d appreciate you subscribing to this podcast and leaving an Apple Podcasts review. Reviews help others discover and learn what Law Firm Next is all about. It only takes a second and helps us out a lot!
- If you haven’t completed your Google Business Profile, review episode 14 where we covered optimizing your Google Business Profile.
- Review your categories (look at competitors).
- If you haven’t built earning and asking for online reviews into your law firm culture, go back to episode 16 where we covered that in detail.
- Google your keywords and see if any directories show up on the first few pages of Google. If so, make sure your profiles are very clean on those directories. This could be Yelp, Expertise.com, or maybe even Findlaw, Avvo, or Lawyers.com, although we don’t see those ranking as high as they used to.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.